Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Hello! And welcome to my first ever Top Ten Tuesday post! Technically, this TTT prompt was the one listed for January 19th… but I didn’t see it until after, and it was such a great prompt I felt like I had to do it, even if my post was a week late. 😅
So, without much further ado, here they are:
Top Ten Books I Meant to Read In 2020 but Didn’t Get To
1. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
2. Anxious People by Federik Backman
3. Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron
4. The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
5. The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes by Suzanne Collins
6. Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
7. The Guest List by Lucy Foley
8. The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
9. On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
10. The Light in Hidden Places by Sharon Cameron
What’s worse, I own almost all of these books! In fact, that’s why I haven’t gotten to them yet… I tend to read books that I’ve been waiting on hold for from the library first, along with the number of upcoming ARCs I’ve requested to read/review! Which means these lovely little books just sit on my shelf… gathering dust. 😓
That’s a big motivator for why I’ve tasked myself with the goal of requesting less ARCs this year. I want to make more time to finally read all the backlist titles on my unending TBR. Here’s to hoping this post holds me accountable! 💪💨
What books did you mean to read in 2020, but haven’t gotten to yet?
Let me know!